FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
George L. Bozzi, Jr.,
against Docket #FIC 88-480
Superintendent of Wallingford Public Schools,
Respondent February 8, 1989
The above-captioned matter was heard as a contested case on January 3, 1989, at which time the complainant and the respondent appeared, stipulated to certain facts and presented testimony, exhibits and argument on the complaint.
After consideration of the entire record, the following facts are found:
1. The respondent is a public agency within the meaning of §1-18a, G.S.
2. By letter dated November 21, 1988, the complainant requested the respondent provide him with a copy of a letter dated December 11, 1987, from Dale Wilson to Philip Ottochian concerning the length of the 1987 Lyman Hall football conditioning week practices.
3. By letter dated November 21, 1988, the respondent denied this request.
4. By letter dated November 25, 1988, the complainant requested the respondent provide him with a copy of a letter dated October 14 or 15, 1987, from Dale Wilson to Philip Ottochian concerning the use of footballs during the 1987 Lyman Hall football conditioning week practices.
5. By letter dated November 30, 1988, the respondent denied this second request.
6. By letter dated and filed with the Commission on December 6, 1988, the complainant appealed to the Commission from the denials of his requests.
7. At the hearing on the matter, the complainant withdrew his requests for the records described in paragraphs 2 and 4, above.
Docket No. FIC 88-480 Page Two
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint:
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of February 8, 1989.
Karen J. Haggett
Clerk of the Commission