FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
James H. MacPherson,
against Docket #FIC 88-132
State of Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities,
Respondent August 11, 1988
The above-captioned matter was heard as a contested case on June 2, 1988, at which time the complainant and the respondent appeared.
After consideration of the entire record, the following facts are found:
1. The respondent is a public agency within the meaning of §1-18a(a), G.S.
2. By letter dated November 20, 1987 the complainant made a request of the respondent for copies of documents. A series of letters ensued, culminating in a February 3, 1988 letter from the respondent denying the complainant's request.
3. By letter of complaint dated April 11, 1988 and filed with the Commission on April 12, 1988 the complainant appealed the denial of his request.
4. At hearing, the respondent moved to dismiss the complaint on the ground that it was not timely filed within the meaning of §1-21i(b), G.S., which motion was granted.
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint.
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed without prejudice.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its special meeting of August 10, 1988.
Catherine H. Lynch
Acting Clerk of the Commission