FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
Vera S. Zima,
against Docket #FIC 87-147
Troop H, State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety, Division of State Police and SOCITF, State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety, Division of State Police,
Respondents August 26, 1987
The above-captioned matter was heard as a contested case on June 29, 1987, at which time the complainant and the respondent SOCITF appeared, stipulated to certain facts and presented testimony, exhibits and argument on the complaint.
After consideration of the entire record, the following facts are found:
1. The respondents are public agencies within the meaning of §1-18a(a), G.S.
2. By letter dated April 14, 1987 the complainant made a request of the respondent SOCITF for a copy of its file #S-87-0000-4-2.
3. By letter of complaint filed with the Commission on May 14, 1987 the complainant alleged that the respondent SOCITF failed to provide her with the records requested.
4. At hearing the complainant stated that she had not been denied access to records by the respondent Troop H. The complaint against the respondent Troop H is therefore dismissed.
5. Prior to hearing the respondent SOCITF offered the complainant a complete copy of its file #S-87-0000-4-2, which copy was provided at hearing.
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint.
Docket #FIC 87-147 Page Two
1. The complaint against the respondent Troop H is hereby dismissed.
2. The complaint against the respondent SOCITF is hereby dismissed based upon its compliance with the complainant's request.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of August 26, 1987.
Catherine I. Hostetter
Acting Clerk of the Commission