FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
Phyllis A. Williams,
against Docket #FIC 87-135
Personnel Officer of the State of Connecticut Department of Correction,
Respondent August 12, 1987
The above-captioned matter was heard as a contested case on June 16, 1987, at which time the complainant and the respondent appeared and presented testimony, exhibits and argument on the complaint.
After consideration of the entire record, the following facts are found:
1. The respondent is a public agency within the meaning of §1-18a(a), G.S.
2. By interdepartment message dated April 6, 1987, the complainant requested the respondent provide her with copies of her supervisors' written evaluations used for her lieutenant's examinations in 1985, 1986 and 1987.
3. By letter dated April 5, 1987 (sic), and filed with the Commission on May 6, 1987, the complainant appealed to the Commission, alleging denial of her request.
4. The respondent claims he has provided the complainant with all the requested records in his possession.
5. It is found that the respondent provided the complainant with copies of summary evaluations for each of the examinations in question.
6. It is found that the Department of Correction does not require supervisors to submit individual written evaluations, but only to reach a consensus orally. The summary evaluations are a record of the consensus.
Docket #FIC 87-135 Page Two
7. It is further found that the Department of Correction does not require those supervisors who do write individual evaluations to submit them.
8. It is concluded, therefore, that the respondent has complied with the complainant's request by providing copies of all the requested records he has.
The following order is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint.
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of August 12, 1987.
Catherine I. Hostetter
Acting Clerk of the Commission