FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
Ethan Book and New England Energy Consultants,
against Docket #FIC 86-257
Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority,
Respondent December 10, 1986
The above-captioned matter was heard as a contested case on October 9, 1986, at which time the complainants and the respondent appeared.
After consideration of the entire record, the following facts are found:
1. The respondent is a public agency within the meaning of 1-18a(a), G.S.
2. By letter dated August 13, 1986, the complainants requested the following documents from the respondent:
a. a copy of the proposal submitted by Citizens Utilities/Vicon for the Wallingford Resource Recovery Project,
b. a copy of the Wallingford Project Report referred to in a conversation between the complainants and Mr. Martin, the Wallingford project manager, on June 20, 1986,
c. a copy of the index to the Wallingford project files,
d. a copy of the respondent's filing procedures,
e. and a copy of the respondent's document retention schedule.
Docket #FIC 86-257 Page Two
3. By letter of complaint dated September 4, 1986, and filed with the Commission on September 8, 1986, the complainants appealed to the Commission, alleging the respondent's failure to reply to their request.
4. At the hearing on this matter, the respondent agreed to comply with the complainants' request for the document identified in paragraph 2a, above.
5. At the hearing the respondent also agreed to comply with the complainants' request for the document identified in paragraph 2b, above, by providing a current status report on the resource recovery project in Wallingford, if such a report exists. If no such report exists, the respondent agreed to provide the complainants with an affidavit stating so.
6. At the hearing the respondent further agreed to provide the complainants with an affidavit stating that the documents identified in paragraph 2c, 2d and 2e do not exist.
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint.
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of December 10, 1986
Karen J. Haggett
Clerk of the Commission