FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
C. J. Mozzochi,
against Docket #FIC 86-216
Town Manager of the Town of Glastonbury,
Respondent October 22, 1986
The above captioned matter was heard as a contested case on September 4, 1986, at which time the complainant and the respondent appeared and presented testimony, exhibits and argument on the complaint.
After consideration of the entire record the following facts are found:
1. The respondent is a public agency within the meaning of §1-18a(a), G.S.
2. By letter of complaint filed with the Commission on August 4, 1986 the complainant alleged that on March 15, 1986 and June 6, 1986 he made a request of the respondent for copies of certain invoices. The complainant further alleged that on July 31, 1986 he became aware that various documents in relation to his request had been withheld in violation of the Freedom of Information Act.
3. It is found that more than 30 days have elapsed from the date of the request and the filing of the complaint with the Commission.
4. It is therefore concluded that pursuant to §1-21i(b), G.S., the Commission lacks jurisdiction to hear the complaint.
Docket #FIC 86-216 Page 2
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint:
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of October 22, 1986.
Karen J. Haggett
Clerk of the Commission