FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
Dennis G. Ciccarillo,
against Docket #FIC 86-182
State of Connecticut, Division of Special Revenue and Board of Judges of Plainfield Greyhound Park,
Respondent October 8, 1986
The above captioned matter was heard as a contested case on July 29, 1986, at which time the complainant appeared. The hearing was rescheduled to August 25, 1986, at which time the complainant and the respondent appeared and presented testimony, exhibits and argument on the complaint.
After consideration of the entire record the following facts are found:
1. By letter of complaint filed with the Commission on June 23, 1986 the complainant alleged that the respondent held an unnoticed or secret meeting on April 2, 1986 and that he did not receive notice of the meeting until June 11, 1986 after reviewing various documents provided to him by the respondent.
2. It is found that the meeting referred to in the complainant's letter of appeal was held on April 2, 1986, more than 30 days prior to the filing of the complaint.
3. It is further found that the complainant failed to prove that he did not receive notice in fact that such meeting was held until June 11, 1986.
4. It is therefore concluded that pursuant to §1-21i(b), G.S., the Commission lacks jurisdiction to hear the complaint.
Docket #FIC 86-182 Page 2
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint:
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed with prejudice.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of October 8, 1986.
Catherine I. Hostetter
Acting Clerk of the Commission