FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
In the Matter of a Complaint by FINAL DECISION
against Docket #FIC 86-171
State of Connecticut Department of Housing,
Respondent September 24, 1986
The above-captioned matter was heard as a contested case on July 11, 1986, at which time the complainant and the respondent appeared.
1. The respondent is a public agency within the meaning of 1-18a(a), G.S.
2. By letter of complaint filed with the Commission on June 11, 1986 the complainant alleged that on November 8, 1984 the respondent held an unnoticed meeting, notice of which the complainant received on or about June 2, 1986. The complainant asked that the Commission declare null and void the respondent's actions at the November 8, 1984 meeting.
3. In FIC #86-84 Kevin Mullane and the Beechwood Gardens Tenant's Association v. Department of Housing of the State of Connecticut the Commission found that the respondent held an unnoticed meeting on November 8, 1984.
4. The complainant appeared at hearing through a representative designated by him as provided by 1-21j-29 of the Commission's regulations. In the complainant's absence, however, such representative was unable to produce acceptable evidence to prove the allegations of the complainant's complaint.
The following order by the Commission is hereby recommended on the basis of the record concerning the above-captioned complaint.
1. The complaint is hereby dismissed.
Approved by order of the Freedom of Information Commission at its regular meeting of September 24, 1986.
Karen J. Haggett
Clerk of the Commission